Experience Hahndorf like a local on a walking tour with passionate Hahndorf resident and history enthusiast Sharon Pippos.
Meet Captain Hahn, learn about fachwerk architecture, visit the Pioneers Women's Walking Trail memorial and more!
These easy paced walking tours cover about one kilometre bring the stories of Australia's oldest surviving German settlement to life. Guests visit significant and intriguing sites in the Village including some on private property.
All walkers receive a business discount voucher sheet to over 30 businesses in the Village. This is provided at the completion of the walk and is valid for 6 months. It can also be emailed to you prior once booking is completed.
Tours run daily. There are times set but you can request a time to suit you. 10% from all tours is donated to The Salvation Army.
Tour times are negotiable and can be booked on demand. Just call and ask.
Bookings essential to avoid disappointment. Details current as at August 2018.
- 2.00pm daily
- Departs: from the Hahndorf Academy, 68 Mt Barker Road, Hahndorf.
- Guests are escorted to prominent locations at the northern end the main street, including locations not open to the general public in the Hufendorf (back streets).
- Duration: approximately 90 minutes. Minimum 2 guests or pay for 2.
- Daily at 10.30am except Sunday mornings
- A main street tour which is also available as a Twilight tour 6.00pm Oct – April (daylight savings) Plenty of time between your afternoon coffee and dinner.
- Duration: approximately 60 – 90mins minutes. Minimum 2 guests or pay for 2.
Hahndorf After Dark
- This tour offers a whole new perspective of the southern end of the village. Guests visit the old mortuary, St Paul’s Lutheran church and cemetery.
- Departs: 8pm April to September and 9pm October to March from The Manna, 25 Mount Barker Road, Hahndorf.
- Duration: approximately 60-90mins
- Minimum: Minimum 4 people to run or pay for 4.
- This is not a ghost tour.
Looking for Group Booking Rates or have any special requests? – no problem, just get in touch!
0477 288 011
Prices for all tours:
- $35 Adults
- $32 Concession
- $15 children 5-12 years. Infants free.
- Family and Group Prices P.O.A.
- Min 2 or pay for 2 except Hahndorf After Dark is min 4 or pay for 4